Important JobKeeper Update!
For Employers on JobKeeper who have eligible staff between 1 March and 1 July
The ATO have announced changes to eligibility for employees that were employed between 1 March and 1 July or casual staff that met the twelve-month requirement after 1 March which were previously ineligible. This is in effect for all fortnights commencing from 3 August 2020.
Eligible staff between 1 March and 1 July
An employee can access JobKeeper from 3 August if they satisfy all the following conditions prior to 1 July:
- Are an eligible employee being that you are:
- non-casual employee (full or part time permanent), or
- a long-term casual employed greater than 12mths and not an employee of any other employer.
- Not in receipt of government parental leave or partner pay or workers compensation.
- Over 18 and an Australian resident or a tax resident and holder of a Subclass 444 visa.
- If you are 16 or 17 you can still qualify if you are independent and not undertaking full time study.
Any staff employed after 1 July remain ineligible.
What do I do for newly eligible staff?
- Have the staff member sign a nomination notice and return to you before 31 August and keep it on record.
- For the fortnights commencing 3 August and 17 August, you have until 31 August to have their minimum payments paid to them ($1,500 a fortnight).
The new notice can be downloaded here
Existing staff prior to 1 March
Any eligible employees from prior to 1 March will continue to be eligible, there are no requirements for the remainder of the JobKeeper program.
For reference, the ATO update can be found here.